#SilasSundays: Volumes 1-10 can be found here, 11 (below)
A return back to the 11-track playlist for the 11th edition of Silas Sundays. As always, a conglomeration of sounds ranging from Hip-Hop to Electronic stylings that have been conveniently provided to you in the form of a 40-minute playlist, with the best of the best being indicated below in bold lettering.
- Eric Roberson & Phonte (Tigarello) – It’s So Easy
- De La Soul – Vocabulary Spills (prod. J Dilla, RIP)
- GoldLink ft. Anderson .Paak – Unique
- Chance The Rapper – Brain Cells (prod. Peter Cottontale)
- A-Trak ft. Juicy J, Jim Jones, Flatbush Zombies, El-P & Flosstradamus – Piss Test (Remix)
- Sabrina Claudio – Confidently Lost
- Devin The Dude ft. Snoop Dogg & Andre 3000 – What a Job
- JME ft. Giggs – Man Don’t Care
- HXV ft. Naz Tokio – Novocaine
- Tom Misch – Reminder (wait for it…)
- Action Bronson ft. Wiz Khalifa – The Rockers (prod. Harry Fraud)
The cover photo for this week is inspired by the recent events that transpired on the eve of January 3, 2017. One “Soulja Boy” was really out here, really getting robbed, in real time, on InstagramLive. Or so we think.
Soulja Boy gets jumped while on IG Live… pic.twitter.com/droLXHcU20
— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) January 4, 2017
Was it a staged, brilliant marketing strategy? I wouldn’t put it past him – he did rise to prominence by exploiting the Internet to his benefit in the late 2000s. Do I care about this supposed beef between Chris Brown and Soulja Boy? Absolutely not, but this video provided comedic relief after starting the work week following an extended holiday for the New Year. Actually, this cover photo is now inspired by Soulja Boy’s face: hopeful, optimistic, yet wildly uncertain of what’s to come in the near future. I’m fully expecting a Soulja Boy / Chris Brown / Migos collab track by the end of 2017. Petty beefs are the new way of marketing.
Check out my previous work for EVRYDY, below: